Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fire

This fire is burning me down,
I feel a volcano underneath,
This calm face and deep frown,
Thinking of you wanna just make me drown.

I see you over there in front of my eyes,
looking as pretty as a sculpture in ice,
Your hair flowing over your spine,
It makes me go crazy, as if on wine

You look so perfect, so beautiful, so sexy,
I just wanna hold you close , close my eyes,
No regret left in this fucking life,
If I died the day I knew you were mine

But fuck it, it is stuck in my windpipe,
Read my eyes coz I am choked,
I wanna tell you to be my life,
Cant you see it in my eyes?

Read them, know them, trust them,
Listen to all those words I never said,
For fear that you will deny,
that there is something special between you and I

2 comments:

  1. I loved the lines - "For fear that you will deny,
    that there is something special between you and I". Those lines sum the entire poem...and the exact feelings of anyone who has felt a deep longing with himself but subdued it.

    The intensity of what you've written is gripping.

    I don't think you can write that without actually feeling like that in reality...

    ReplyDelete
  2. corrections in the comment: sum up the entire poem*, and longing within himself*

    ReplyDelete