Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Not My Day

This heart in me beats a song ,
It is neither rap nor an Elton john,
This music you might know,
it just goes lub dub lub in a flow

It was simple till that day,
I met her on the old subway,
Simple eyes and a sexy smile,
To look away, I did take a while

Heads turned, as she smiled,
Her voice, not a sweeter chime
She whistled, she danced along,
I sweated, panted, tagged along

She turned in a street unknown,
Something caught my eyes ,ever so brown,
A girl in red, as pretty as rose
Her blue eyes, some magic in those

I saw them smile, waving hands
and then, something kicked my ass,
She kissed her and they broke my heart,
I wished I was a gay at heart

I cursed God and I walked away,
Thinking of his strange odd play,
I looked up and heard him say,
No, my son, today is not your day :P

3 comments: